Journal of Usability Studies to Start in Fourth Quarter of 2005
June 16, 2005
Contact: Avi Parush, Editor at email@example.com
The Usability Professionals’ Association (UPA) announces the launch of a new publication in the fourth quarter of 2005, the Journal of Usability Studies. This publication will be a peer-reviewed, on-line journal dedicated to promoting and enhancing the practice, research, and education of usability engineering.
Looking for the most recent findings of usability studies? Looking where to publish interesting results from your own usability studies? The lack of answer to these questions has long been due to a gap between academic research and business case studies. JUS will fill this gap by providing usability practitioners and researchers with a forum to share usability research case studies, empirical findings, opinions and experiences in the practice and teaching of usability engineering, emerging methods and good practices in usability engineering.
The Journal of Usability Studies will publish articles on:
- Quantitative and qualitative user studies that have some generalization value for any interactive product
- Empirical findings of usability tests (but not the full usability reports)
- Comparative studies between usability methods, approaches, methods, and techniques for planning and conducting usability tests
- Newly defined and tested usability metrics or data analysis approaches
- Academic research that has strong practical and applicable implications for design and testing
- Critical or thought/discussion papers challenging and questioning practices and proposing innovative ideas and approaches
- Empirical development and implementation of usability standards and guidelines.
- Comments, replies, and responses to published articles
The publication of the JUS is sponsored by the Usability Professionals’ Association (UPA). The UPA supports usability specialists, people from all aspects of human-centered design, and the broad family of disciplines that create the user experience in promoting the design and development of usable products.
The journal will appear online
quarterly starting the last quarter of 2005. The journal will be linked
to the ACM’s digital library. Each submitted manuscript will undergo
a blind peer-review process managed by the members of the editorial board.
To ensure a rapid turn-around and currency of published papers, each accepted
paper will undergo only one revision round when necessary.
For more information and call for papers, visit the JUS web page: http://www.upassoc.org/upa_publications/journal/ or write to the editor, Avi Parush, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Usability Professionals' Association is an international, non-profit, professional association with more than 2000 members in the US and 35 other countries. Members are specialists in evaluating and designing products that are easy to learn and use. The organization provides its members with a wide variety of professional services. Through outreach the UPA:
- Shares information about the skills and approach of usability professionals in meeting needs for usable products.
- Acts as an advocate for usability in consumer, corporate and governmental software, products and web sites.
- Educates the general public about the usability.
For more information, contact: