About UXPA Leadership
Board Meeting Minutes
The Board of Directors meets monthly by phone, and in person twice a year. A summary of official votes and other announcements are posted here.
- 2010 International Call for Submissions opened July 28, 2009.
- 2010 International Call for Submissions to launch July 27, 2009.
- International Student Design Competition will repeat in 2010.
- WUD project management to be staffed by Solutions for Associations, Inc.
- UPA 2009 International Conference Registration close May 27. 2009.
- UPA 2009 International Conference early registration closed on March 30, 2009. Regular registration is open through 11:55pm ET May 4, 2009.
- Bestica, Inc. will host the 2009 UPA Job Board, as a Bronze Sponsor
- UPA 2009 International Conference early registration to open March 10, 2009.
- Board of Directors working on new UPA Salary Survey.
- UPA 2009 International Conference early registration to open February 23, 2009.
- The 2008 Director of World Usability Day reported participation in a record breaking 43 countries and 180 events registered for the November 2008 event.
- The 2009 UPA Board approved the UPA South Carolina local Chapter.
- The 2009 Annual Conference will host a "UPA Exhibit Night" on Wednesday, June 10, 2009.
- The 2009 Annual Conference will have Wireless internet connection, free for conference attendees.
- The 2010 Annual Conference theme will be: Embracing Cultural Diversity: User Experience Design For The World.
- The UPA completed a strategic planning session, the result of which will be shared in the near future.
- The UPA 2009 Board of Director titles were announced:
- President- Silvia Zimmermann
- Vice President- Dan Szuc
- Treasurer and Director of Chapters- Carol Smith
- Secretary and Director of Training- Paul Sherman
- Director of Publications- Susan Dray
- Web Director- Amanda Nance
- Director of Strategic Partnership- Alain Robillard-Bastien
- Director of Membership and Volunteers- Rich Gunther
- Director of Branding and Marketing- Trent Mankelow
- Director of Professional Development- Robert Skrobe
Previous Years' Minutes