About UPA Leadership
Board Meeting Minutes 2003
Conference Call - December 5, 2003, 10:00 am CST
- The rate for the 2004 UPA Annual Conference hotel has been set at $119 per night
- Elizabeth informed the Board of new committee assignments for 2004. Scott will be moving to Director of Membership and Sponsors, Elizabeth will move to Co-Director of Outreach, and Dave and Paul will be the Co-Directors of Chapters.
- A motion to approve the Swiss Chapter and the Northeast
Ohio Chapter was approved. The Board voted to ratify an email
vote chartering the Indiana Chapter.
Conference Call - December 15, 2003, 10:00 am CST
- This special meeting was called to finalize plans for the User Experience magazine for 2004.
- The Board ratified the plans to publish three issues, in March, July and November
- The Board ratified the plans to contract with Jodie Gree for editorial and production services
Conference Call - November 7, 2003, 10:00 am CST
- The Board approved Brave New Workshop as the Thursday night entertainment at the conference.
- The Board approved a motion to charter the San Diego Chapter.
- The Board approved the fee structure for the 2004 Conference. The
rates will be posted on the conference section of the UPA website soon.
Conference Call - October 3, 2003, 10:00 am CST
- The Call for Participation is available on the website and the online submission form is available.
- The Conference Committee is working with Howard Rheingold and Ginny Redish as the keynote speakers for the 2004 UPA Conference.
- The November issue of the Voice will be posted in the week of November
Conference Call - September 5, 2003, 10:00 am CST
- Diane and Gary announced that the Conference Call for Participation is ready to go and is expected to be posted on the UPA website soon.
- Gary reported that the new website has been launched
Conference Call - August 1, 2003, 10:00 am CST
- Diane would like additional reviewers, and she plans to contact UPA Members and past conference attendees. Richard and Elizabeth volunteered to be reviewers for the 2004 Conference.
- A motion was approved for UPA to endorse the VerifiedVoting proposal. See the Voting and Usability Project or the VerifiedVoting web site for further information.
- Elizabeth met with the Boston chapter presidents of HFES, UPA, and CHI to discuss raising awareness of usability. One way the group plans to do this is by visiting nursing homes and teaching short classes on subjects like “how to send an email to your grandchild” and “how to do a search on Google”.
- Gary informed the Board that the new website should be launched on Tuesday, August 5.
- A new Code of Conduct mission statement has been completed and will be shared with the UPA Board by Richard.
Conference Call - July 11, 2003, 10:00 am CST
- A Zoomerang survey is scheduled to go out to UPA members via e-blast on July 17.
- The Board appointed Richard Bellaver, Gary Macomber, Mary Beth Rettger and Elizabeth Rosenzweig to the Elections Committee. Elizabeth Rosenzweig will be the Chair of the Elections Committee.
- The Board has retained Solutions For Associations, Inc. to help manage the 2004 UPA Conference.
Summer Board Meeting - June 21-22, 2003, Scottsdale, Arizona
Conference Call - May 23, 2003, 10:00am CST
- Kerrie Green was appointed to the Board as the Director of Communications and Publications.
- At the request of a member, the Board granted an exception to the current policy on members for hs 2003 Annual Conference registration
- The final program for the 2003 Conference is going to the printer this week.
- The Conference Chair informed the Board that conference registrations and room pickups are below projections.
- Richard Bellaver is working on completing a 20-45 minute tape of a lecture by Ben Shneiderman that will be made availale to chapters.
- The next issue of The Voice is due to go out on June 13. The Voice will now be published 6 times a year.
- The next e-Blast will go out around June 1
- The Summer Board meeting was scheduled for June 21-22 in Scottsdale.
Conference Call - April 4, 2003, 10:00am CST
- The Board voted to approve the Bylaws change to accept Corporate Membership.
- The Board was informed that the annual audit is now under way.
- The Conference Chair informed the board that the Advance Program is now available on the web site
- Membership brochures are being sent to the CHI conference.
- UPA is still in search of a Business Manager for the magazine
- The Professional Development Committee is currently circulating a Code of Conduct for review
Conference Call -March 7, 2003, 10:00am CST
- The 2003 Sponsorship rates were approved.
- The Board approved the 2004 Marketing Opportunities plan, with the condition that Corporate Membership is approved by the Board at the April meeting.
- The Boston chapter reported that their annual mini-conference brought in 75 new members.
- The UX Editorial board is looking at ways to move to four issues per year by reducing the number of pages per issue.
- The Web Committee is conducting usability testing of the new membership forms in three counti.
- The Member Directory is being evaluated for release.
- The Friends of Usablity program now has four co-managers: Silvia Zimmerman, Everyl Yankee, Cheryl St. Charles, and Maisha Walker.
- The Board voted to approve all policies in the Privacy Section of the UPA policies.
- The Board voted to amend Policy 3 under the Web site