The e-Government Program is a one-day program within the main conference, focusing on usability in e-Government.
Building a more responsive and connected government involves the creation of web sites and electronic services for the public, as well as government-to-business (G2B) and government-to-government (G2G) transactions. It also involves transformation of administrations and innovation in operations. Improving the usability of government services is a benefit to everyone.
The broad community of usability and user experience professionals is engaged in a wide variety of activities to improve the success and impact of e-Government, including:
- Defining strategy for e-Government.
- Working collaboratively to ensure that e-government initiatives and services are based on the real needs and expectations of citizens and businesses.
- Designing services in a way that allows easy access and use by all citizens.
- Designing seamlessly integrated services.
- Creating usable applications for government employees in their various job functions.
- Measuring the benefits of usable e-Government solutions.
The e-Gov Program will assemble a series of presentations and panels that are relevant and practical for government employees and consultants who work in e-Government at the national, regional, or local level. We encourage participation from all levels of government in the US and the international community.