Experienced Practitioner Topic Seminars
March 30, 2008: Conference Proceedings material due from presenters
Experienced Practitioner Topic Seminars are forums in which experienced usability professionals can discuss focused topics in more detail than at presentations or panels. These 90-minute seminars will occur during the main conference and are meant to accommodate between 40 and 100 people. The leaders of each seminar will present the topic and then engage in dialog, discussion, debate, or other activities with the audience. This submission type used to be referred to as Advanced Topics.
Benefits of Presenting
Up to two facilitators per Experienced Practitioner Topic Seminar will receive a 20% discount each on conference registration.
Thank you to Avi Parush and Lada Gorlenko for permission to use these examples.
- Expanding Our Toolkit: From Descriptive Techniques to In-Depth Analyses
- Long-term (longitudinal) research methods
Proposal submission closed
- Submissions for proposals closed October 15, 2007.
- Download the Experienced Practitioner Topic Checklist to ensure that your submission meets the requirements.
- Download and complete the Experienced Practitioner Topic Submission Template.
- Download and complete the Presenter Biography Template.
UPA does not cover expenses for any other instructional materials, such as exercises and handouts.
Contacts for Experienced Practitioner Topics
- Yihsiu Chen