Have questions? Here's who to contact:
- General info:
Nicole Tafoya, the UPA2012 Conference Director is ready to assist you with most of your conference questions: registration, logistics, hotel, membership, or association related questions. email@example.com
The Conference Co-chairs, Amy Kidd & Christina York, deal with the overall conference planning, technical program and co-ordinate the other sub committees.
- Sponsors: Exhibitors and Sponsors please contact Nicole Tafoya at this address. Nicole can work with you to determine available 2012 marketing opportunities!
- Submissions: The following Committees are responsible for selecting and planning the various submission types that make up the conference program. They are the main point of contact for people submitting proposals to UPA 2012. Their main functions are to work with the conference committee and submitters, prepare submissions for review, assign reviewers, and to participate in the process of selecting and scheduling sessions for the final program.
Peer reviewed papers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posters/Ideas markets: email@example.com
Education committee (Usability Fundamentals, Advanced Practitioners) : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reviewers: The Reviewers Committee oversees the review process and selects reviewers for all conference submissions (presentations, workshops, tutorials, panels, usability fundamentals, experienced practitioner topics, ideas markets, posters) based on information provided in the reviewer survey.
- Invited Speakers: The Invited Speakers Committee is responsible for managing the invited speakers process (including keynote speakers). This includes selection, invitation, management of speakers’ schedules during the conference. Contact us if you want to speak, are already an invited speaker or have suggestions.
- PR & Marketing: The PR & Marketing Committee implements and oversees Marketing and PR activities. We interact with the press and find new ways to raise awareness of the UPA conference. This committee also manages the UPA conference's activity and presence on social networks and the podcasting of conference materials. Get in touch if you have questions or ideas!
- Onsite Volunteers: The Volunteers Committee is responsible for building and training a team of volunteers who, before and during the event, will assist the planning committee, speakers/presenters and attendees with conference logistics. If you would like to volunteer or want information about the benefits, please get in touch.
- Local liaison Las Vegas: The Local Liaison is responsible for providing information about Atlanta and the local areas for people coming to the conference (or interested in coming). Please contact us if you need help with accommodation, planning your stay or any other local information.
- Website: The Website Committee are responsible for maintaining and updating the conference website. If you are experiencing any problems, have some suggestions or would like to help with the website, please get in touch.
- Session chair co-ordinator: The Session Chair Co-ordinator is responsible for assigning a Chair to each session at the UPA conference. Get in touch if you would like to volunteer to chair a session or have any questions.
- Student Design Jam Chair is responsible for coordinating the Student Design Competition. Have questions about participation, volunteering, or sponsoring the competition? Please contact DesignJam2012@usabilityprofessionals.org.