About UPA: Communications
UPA Monthly: August 2004
The monthly newsletter of the Usability Professionals'
IN THIS EDITION:
-Usability in the news
-Save the date announcements, reminders, notices
-About UPA Monthly
USABILITY IN THE NEWS:
- UPA AND VOTING: UPA President Whitney Quesenbery appointed to the US Election Assistance Commission's Technical Guidelines Development
Committee. The committee is tasked with working on voting standards. More at http://www.upassoc.org/about_upa/for_the_press/press_releases/press.040706.html
- UPA CHINA CONFERENCE: The China UPA chapter is holding its inaugural conference on August 8th in Shanghai.
- CHINA CHAPTER CHARTERED: The first China chapter of the UPA was chartered in June. The UPA extends a hearty welcome to our
colleagues in Asia. Learn more about the China chapter at http://www.upachina.com/ .
- CHAPTERS FORMING: Chapters are forming in many locations! Contact the Co-Directors of Chapters to get involved with a chapter near you.
Chapters are now forming in Atlanta, Scotland, Australian Capital Territory, Stockholm, Bloomington (IN), Central NJ, Virginia, Chennai (India), Honk Kong, Madrid, Amsterdam, New Hampshire, New Zealand, and Ottawa.
Contact the Co-Directors of
Chapters Paul Sherman and Dave Mitropoulos-Rundus to learn more about
chapters in your area.
SAVE THE DATE:
- HFES 48th Annual Meeting - September 20-24, New Orleans, LA, USA.
- NordiCHI 2004 - October 23-27, The Third Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, Tampere, Finland.
- Computer Supported Cooperative
Work 2004 - November 6-10, Chicago, IL, USA.
- Printed Electronics Conference
2004 - December 6-8, New Orleans, LA, USA
- CHI 2005: tutorial submission deadline is August 9. Early submissions deadline is September 13.
- HCI International 2005: submission deadline is October 1.
ABOUT UPA MONTHLY:
UPA Monthly is a publication of the Usability Professionals' Association providing news and information of interest to usability, user experience, and user-centered design professionals.