Send us your articles - please
As of now the UPA voice will be coming out every 2 months. Naturally that means that we need content. Since it is your voice not ours we need you to contribute.
Being usability people we felt we had to set you some guidelines (heuristics if you like). Although not set in stone please bear them in mind when writing your contributions.
Guidelines for contributions:
- Get off your butt and start typing - we want to hear from you.
- Write about any topic likely to be of interest to UPA members. e.g.
- Research reports,
- Experiences and case histories
- Career development information
- Seminar/conference/workshop reviews
- Personal viewpoints on key usability issues
- News from chapters - we are going to feature this each issue.
- Keep articles under 600 words.
- Write for the web. [some guidelines]
- Use graphics that contribute to your article (no eye candy!)
- Give the article a meaningful, but interesting title.
- Avoid beating your own drum too much (no covert or overt advertising).
- Appropriate credit, references and acknowledgment
must be given.
- Include notes to the editors (text we won't publish) to help us out.
- If possible send in very basic structured html format. If not, then Microsoft Word or RTF.
- email submissions to Jon Dodd - email@example.com.
The voice editorial team will review your article before we publish it. If we make any changes we will get your approval before releasing it into cyberspace.
We look forward to sharing your wisdom with others.