November 2006 Job Posts
Senior Information Architects help create innovative, usable Web solutions for our clients. Our Senior Information Architects work with our clients to understand their business models and goals and to define strategies and approaches for reaching them. They then work with the design team to create Web sites that will communicate effectively with and be usable for their intended audiences.
· Minimum 4 years directly related information design and strategy experience
· Portfolio review and presentation required
· Bachelors Degree in human factors, HCI, information design, industrial design or related area
· Strong knowledge of site design and usability principles, issues and techniques
· Previous experience designing complex web sites
· Ability to analyze customer needs and define strategies for meeting them
· Ability to organize large bodies of information
· Proficiency with VISIO and MS Office suite
· Familiarity with database design
· Experience with usability test design and implementation preferred
· Ability to work with design team in a collaborative, dynamic environment
· Professional customer-relation skills and commitment to customer service
· Excellent written communication and presentation skills
· Strong client education skills
· Team-building skills
Resumes and work examples should be sent to:
Cramer has an immediate need for a (contract) Information Architect. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Experience in user needs analysis, user case development, information architecture design and interaction design
- Capable of clearly documenting user interface designs using UI specification documents, prototypes, task flows, wireframes
- Partner with engineering team to document functional specifications
- Experience with modular/component based design principles
- Partner with the creative to realize engaging, useable and clean interfaces
- Experience with efficiently and effectively documenting AJAX type applications
- Work with team to develop and iterating low- to high-fidelity prototypes (e.g., storyboards, wire frames, screenshots, HTML walkthrough)
- Experience integrating media (i.e., video) into rich web interfaces
- Analysis and implementation of research (e.g., usability findings, web analytics)
- Knowledge of designing for people with disabilities an asset
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Siemens Medical Solutions
Would you like to work for a global company in an inclusive environment? Then Siemens Medical Solutions just may be the place for you and your future! Siemens Medical Solutions is one of the largest suppliers of healthcare equipment in the world, renowned for its innovative products, services and complete solutions. We provide the opportunity for individuals from a wide variety of skills and backgrounds to come together and work toward a common goal, contributing to the health and well-being of people across the globe.
Bring us your talent and we’ll bring you the resources and tools to succeed. Welcome to our world of opportunities. Welcome to Siemens Medical Solutions.
User Interface Designer
This individual is responsible for the interaction design of user interfaces for medical ultrasound products, including development of human-computer interactions based on user requirements. You will contribute to the long range vision for the product line, and work in a cooperative environment across several product releases to realize this vision. Additional responsibilities include working with internal customers and end-users to develop user interface design concepts, performing product usability evaluations and providing feedback to development teams, and performing ergonomics analysis and providing design guidance.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and training, plus 5-8 years’ related experience. Requirements include an advanced degree in Human Factors, Computer Science with HCI emphasis, or a related field of study and 5 or more years of industry experience designing product user interfaces. A technical background with skills in software prototyping is highly desirable. Graphic design knowledge is a plus. The ideal candidate will have worked on all phases of product development from concept to delivery. Experience designing user interfaces for medical imaging is a plus.
To apply, please visit our career website and enter requisition #41173 at the job search page. Siemens Medical Solutions is one of the world's largest suppliers to the healthcare industry and an equal opportunity employer.
Senior User Experience Researcher - Mountain View
This position is based in Mountain View, CA.
Help us find out about our users! Google is looking for User Experience Researchers at all levels to design and conduct user research studies throughout the product cycle. You will use a range of methods, working closely with UI designers and product teams to define new products, assess the usability of prototypes, and influence the future direction of existing products.
You will have the opportunity to work on products of all types: web sites like Google search and AdWords, web applications like Gmail and Google Maps, client applications like Picasa and Google Earth, and mobile services like Google SMS.
Knowledge of, or experience with any of the following is a big plus:
For immediate consideration, please apply at this URL:
Google's innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global markets. Google's targeted advertising program, which is the largest and fastest growing in the industry, provides businesses of all sizes with measurable results, while enhancing the overall web experience for users. Google is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, visit http://www.google.com/about.html
Google is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Sr. Web Developer
CBS Digital Media
Location Fort Lauderdale, FL
Position Type: Full-Time, Employee
- Responsible for the conceptualization, development and testing of user interfaces for world-class web sites and web-based applications.
- Contributes toward enhancement of the company's web-based products and site infrastructure.
- Participates in small and large projects from timeline development through delivery.
- Provides technical assistance to web administrators, designers, and business partners.
- Makes usability assessments of existing and future features.
- Maintain user interface continuity and integrity across the family of web sites.
- Participate in the planning process of projects by attending meetings, defining project scope, and providing product development timelines.
- Work well independently without day-to-day direction of a more senior staff member.
- Solve most problems without assistance.
- May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of real experience developing client and server-side web applications.
- 3-5 years experience in web site development and code optimization.
- 3-5 years experience in user interface development and web site usability.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong initiative and ability for creative thinking toward enhancing our online products.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks to meet established deadlines.
Please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Usability Expert (Web / On-line)
CBS Digital Media
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Position Type: Fulltime employee
The Usability Expert is responsible for maximizing the usability of the company's different Web Sites by performing usability tests and evaluations, incorporating proven Human Computer Interaction (HCI) principles into existing UI designs, and analyzing and applying research results toward product conceptualization and innovation.
JOB LEVEL DUTIES:
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Virtual Construction (Vircon)
Downtown San Francisco, CA
Senior Usability Researcher
12 month contract to permanent role
For Immediate interviews and hire:
Senior Usability Research Contractor
As a Senior Usability Research Contractor, you will lead a range of research projects for Client's Online Sales and Marketing group and ensure that a customer focus remains paramount throughout the web design project lifecycle.
You will be involved in all aspects of coordinating participatory design and usability studies, including, collaborating with product managers to define project requirements, and working with internal project teams and research vendors to execute studies successfully.
You also will be responsible for finding and recommending new and innovative methods of eliciting user feedback and incorporating the resultant insights into a strategic design process that will help to reinforce Wells Fargo's position as the number one rated financial services web site.
You will also moderate studies in our internal usability lab, which will require using Morae software. You may also need to recruit participants for informal studies that do not include working with an outside recruiting firm.
As part of a larger customer experience research team, you will also be called on to combine and synthesize findings from usability studies into a cohesive point of view, help evolve the design group's user-centered design tools (profiles, scenarios, task models), as well as contribute to multi-approach research initiatives that combine quantitative, ethnographic, and usability components.
This is a contract position with the possibility of full-time employment.
Bachelor's degree; MA, MBA, or PhD desirable
5 years of experience with interactive product development, design planning, and/or strategic consulting
Expertise in iterative user-centered research methods
Experience planning and conducting usability evaluations, testing low-fidelity prototypes and working within multi-disciplinary project teams
Excellent leadership, negotiation, presentation, project management, and communication skills
Superior client management skills
Experience managing third party vendors
This is for a major financial institution in a highly visable role, interacting with major heads of various business units.
Please send your updated resume and contact information, availability, salary expectations, etc., for this role to:
Senior Usability Specialist
Sabre Holdings — Connecting People With the World’s Greatest Travel Possibilities
Sabre Holdings is a world leader in the travel marketplace. We merchandise and retail travel products, and provide distribution and technology solutions for the travel industry. Sabre Holdings supports travelers, travel agents, corporations and travel suppliers around the world through our three companies: Travelocity, the most popular online travel service, Sabre Travel Network, the world’s largest global travel distribution system connecting travel agents and travel suppliers with travelers, and Sabre Airline Solutions, the leading provider of decision-support tools, reservations systems and consulting services for airlines.
From building the first computer reservations system in the 1960s, to blazing the trail for online travel in the 1990s, to delivering the sophisticated, cutting-edge travel solutions of today, Sabre Holdings has made innovation its business. We are an S&P 500 company, trading on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TSG. Visit us at http://www.sabre-holdings.com
In this position, you will provide complex usability analysis, design and evaluation to product marketing and development teams, including analysis and usability evaluation of applications/systems, graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction.
You will apply Human Factors techniques to develop user profiles and personas with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation, and task and objective analysis. You will assist product teams in developing design concepts and provide input on user design considerations. You will produce specifications describing user requirements and internal structures for products in development, and create and evaluate prototypes to support evolving software application development.
You will apply software design/usability processes in the identification, diagnosis and remediation of usability problems. You will coordinate\ with product teams to develop, conduct, perform usability analysis/evaluation and prepare formal reports on usability tests of internal products. You will be responsible for making recommendations for improving usability processes and for promoting usability throughout the company.
Candidates must be able to multitask across multiple projects; accurately estimate and plan the time required to complete tasks, consistently deliver results on time with high quality; manage customer requirements and expectations; anticipate and proactively solve problems; manage time and workload effectively; and contribute as a member of a diverse team.
Candidates must have a bachelor degree or equivalent, however we prefer a masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related area, and an industry certification such as Certified Usability Analyst (HFI CUA). Candidates should have 3+ years experience in Human Factors Engineering, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Cognitive Science, and Usability Testing in the development of web sites or web-based applications. Candidates should also have advanced computer software skills; knowledge and aptitude in user-centered analysis, design, and usability testing, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Limited travel may be required (no more than 10% of time). Candidates will be eligible for company-paid usability training and certification, and travel to usability industry conferences and events.
The specific career path level of this position will be determined by the candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities and experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume by creating a personal profile in the career section of our website at http://www.sabre-holdings.com/careers/profile.html.
You may apply for this position directly at:
(In the Job Search form, enter Job Family: “Marketing”, Location Country: “United States”, Organization Company: “Sabre”, Keyword: “Usability”)
For assistance, contact Sabre Holdings recruiting at firstname.lastname@example.org
In collaboration with a cross-functional team (product development, technology and marketing), the UX consultant has a major role in assessing, strategizing, designing and implementing the complete user experience for web-based products and applications; determines the overall structure of the site, page and content layout to optimize ease of use; works in tandem with front and back-end developers to build working prototypes
· Leads user experience design efforts including the navigational structures, site maps, user flows, functional templates and prototypes.
· Contributes to the definition of user/functional requirements for design projects
· Creates user personas and scenarios; defines site structure, functionality, content organization, navigation, and interaction.
· Develops information architectures and taxonomies for web-based applications; defines information hierarchy and relationships, classification schemes, navigation systems and global interface design.
· Works with internal project teams to ensure that an explicit customer focus is maintained through project execution.
· Creates design and interface guidelines for development of applications and web sites.
· Distills collected requirements (business/functional/content) into focused, understandable deliverables (information architecture, storyboards, navigation diagrams, wire frames, interaction design, etc.).
· Understands how visual concepts need to be established to account for front/back-end constraints and restrictions
· Maintains consistency of site appearance via use of style guides, style sheets and enforcement of established standards and best practices
· Collaborates with brand/marketing teams on the integration of online media into strategic marketing efforts.
· Gathers requirements, analyzes user tasks, creates user personas and scenarios, and defines site structure, functionality, content organization, navigation, and interaction
· Updates job knowledge by completing software tutorials, participating in job related educational opportunities; reading professional publications and researching industry trends
Expertise with the following design tools: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop; working knowledge of Flash, Visio, HTML, CSS, familiarity with .Net
Solid experience designing compelling user interfaces; understanding of the strengths and limitations of browser-based UIs
Demonstrated design ability in creating a positive and unique Internet presence that enhances the product image and attracts target customers, but more importantly is successful from a usability viewpoint
Skillfully synthesizes large quantities of complex information; distills it to the most critical issues and draws accurate conclusions, taking into account a high degree of uncertainty
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to work independently in a fast-paced cross-functional team environment; effectively handles time critical issues while remaining productive, provides solutions and meet goals in stressful situations
Dedicated to exceeding quality standards and providing products and services of the highest caliber
Combines judgment, experience, and business knowledge to make sound decisions
Interesting work on international projects
World-class international work environment - 33 nationalities in our Prague downtown offices
Extensive training, English/Czech language courses, sporting opportunities
Competitive salaries and benefit package - pension plan, referral bonus, meal vouchers, gym membership
Relocation assistance - work permit, visa, temporary residence
Director of User Experience Monster Europe
Job Title: Usability Specialist/Information Architect
Location: Silver Spring MD
MyHealtheVet is the online health portal for veterans and their families. Its potential customer base is over 20 million. The site is located at http://myhealth.va.gov. The contract representative / sponsor is a highly progressive, hands-on individual who takes an results-oriented approach to managing the effort. The management approach is product development centric, and as a result customer factors, particularly satisfying end customer and functional requirements, interface ease of use, and product innovation are most integral to measuring team success.
The IA’s primary roll is as the “end-user advocate” or the person responsible for ensuring that products are designed with the end-user's needs in mind. An IA is a person trained within an area of the behavioral sciences, or has experience doing research for the behavioral sciences. This training can either be within a field such as psychology, sociology, or anthropology or it may be in a field that builds from these like Human Factors or Human-Computer Interaction. The IA is trained to understand how people work, think, and interact with each other to solve problems and accomplish goals, and thereby turn that understanding into a usable and useful design and subsequent requirements documentation. It’s very important for the IA to bring users into the project in the beginning so we can begin to design for usability. Introducing end-users into the beginning of the design process will uncover usability problems before a system is built or launched. The application must offer features that satisfy the users’ needs (not necessarily their wants). The challenge is to balance end-user needs against the demands and constraints of technology, design, marketing and business.
Should be able to understand how to pick a research method, how to modify it for the time allowed, and how to express the results in terms that will lead naturally to a User Requirements Specification Document and establish a framework for designing a workflow. He/she will then attempt to perform iterative Usability tests to validate the effectiveness of the designs assumptions.
At a minimum, should be able to plan and run “relaxed end-user interviews” (like a contextual inquiry) as well as a usability test with an end result of users being able to achieve all of the goals for the application with little to no difficulty. The IA must then be able to communicate the research findings into design deliverable.
For Immediate Consideration, Please contact:
Eric D. Walker
Senior Technical Recruiter
Patriot Technologies, LLC
Human Factors International
Project Director - New York
If you have this experience:
* Five years or more experience in human factors and usability.
* Managing usability project teams.
* User analysis, interface design, and usability testing.
* Usability and user centered design for software applications, internet, intranet, devices.
* Graduate degree in psychology is required (human factors, cognitive, engineering or experimental) or a field related to human-computer interaction.
* Teaching usability and user centered design in a corporate setting is a plus.
* Experience doing user centered design work as an external consultant is a plus.
And get excited about:
* Performing the full range of user centered design work for mission critical projects.
* Working with Fortune 1000 clients globally.
* Directing a project team with several concurrent projects.
* Being responsible for all the team deliverables on a particular project.
* Having extensive interactions with clients and giving small group presentations.
* Working with remote teams.
Then here’s who you’ll work with:
* The largest consulting company in the world dedicated solely to usability solutions.
* A world-class staff of over a hundred creative and interesting usability professionals worldwide.
* A company that sets the trends for the usability field, providing cutting edge solutions.
* A structure that allows you to enjoy project variety.
* An environment that is fun, professional, and challenging.
Very competitive salary and benefit package. Some travel is necessary; between 25-35%.
Those who have a passion for usability and want more than a job, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Company: Verizon Wireless
Title: Associate Director, User Application Design
Location: Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Change the face and feel of wireless devices through leading edge development of service application user interaction design strategy. Execute designs across device portfolio consistent with overall, leading edge, UX.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop, and execute on, service application UI strategy, including evolution against technology advancements, competitive environments and dynamic business objectives
-Develop, and execute on, service re-design strategy including ability to provide heuristic evaluations of existing designs, and collaborate with 3rd party companies to obtain additional feedback. Drive user experience solutions that are consistent with optimal use and balanced with ongoing business needs.
- Drive user centric design principles throughout concept, development, launch and life cycle processes
- Collaborate with native device and internet UI development teams , segmentation and service departments, to drive and develop fully optimized, highly usable application UI design.
- Highly effective Communication to executive and field teams, regarding approach to, and results on, application designs.
- Drive innovation by maintaining strong knowledge of competitive implementations , technology advancements , and overall market awareness.
- Project planning and management of development and integration of evolving application user interface throughout device portfolio.
-Drive results measured by increases in application usage, positive customer service impacts, and industry recognition for innovation.
Applicant must possess 5-7 years experience in each of the below areas:
- In depth experience in end user behaviors specific to applications use , with a passion for creating highly usable, energized, interactive designs
- Expertise in full life cycle application design inc. rapid prototyping; testing for functionality, and compatibility, performance and standard compliance.
- Expertise in application re-design including ability to identify existing product challenges and create solutions that meet needs of the end users and the overall business.
- Expertise in project planning and management for complex projects while supporting the evolution of the application user interface specification documentation, and driving consistent alignment with overall VZW user experience including in-store and on-line services.
- Strong relationship skills for working with internal and external teams including driving strong industry collaboration where appropriate to support overall VZW UX strategy.
-Experience in developing a cohesive, committed team of energized individuals.
-BA/BS degree required- Masters degree preferred
In order to be considered for this position please visit http://www.verizonwireless/careers and search under Marketing job requisition number 179910. Please also email an attached copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary/Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience
It takes dedicated, hard-working people like you to provide the largest, most advanced, nationwide wireless network. That's why we offer some of the best benefits around. And the best part is, the day you start is the day your medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid vacation, training and tuition reimbursement benefits start.
We also know how important work/life issues are in today's marketplace. And we reward you with competitive time off and employee assistance programs so you can manage work with the rest of your life.
With 54.8 million customers, Verizon Wireless is known for its reliable network and award-winning customer service. We continue to invest in our network to maintain our status as an industry leader and to remain on the cutting edge of wireless technology. We're also strongly committed to investing in our employees - who we consider to be
our most valuable asset.
As part of our team, you'll join a group of over 60,000 professionals dedicated to providing the best overall wireless experience. The wide variety of roles we offer includes opportunities in sales, customer service, network engineering, marketing, accounting and any number of supporting professions that are necessary to a large
organization such as ours.
At Verizon Wireless, we devote considerable resources to sustaining our employees' ambitions, growth and determination. Our mandate is to provide you with the opportunities to own your career and reach your greatest goals as part of our organization. You'll receive a total rewards package that reflects our industry stature, and
you'll discover an array of training, tools and support to assist you in creating the career you've always want
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
Principal Human Factors Scientist
Medtronic. Careers with a passion for life.
As the world's leading medical technology company, we provide lifelong solutions to people with chronic disease. We also are dedicated to the total well being of our employees and have been recognized as a FORTUNE "Best 100 Companies to Work For in America." Work with the kind of people who not only love what they do but why they do it.
In this position, you will apply your knowledge of human performance (perceptual, cognitive and motor skills) and Human Factors techniques to a wide range of systems issues across the product lifecycle. You will need a solid foundation in Human Factors knowledge and skills developed through experience in the field. Your activities will include; field research to identify user needs and work flows, task analysis, software and hardware user interface design, usability testing, hazard analysis and post-launch outcomes analysis.
Your performance skills should include the ability to multitask responsibilities and activities across more than one project; accurately judge the effort and resources needed to perform a task; complete tasks on time and as expected by internal customers; accurately gauge and manage internal and external customer expectations; foresee and proactively solve problems; and manage time and workload effectively as an individual and as a team member.
On a personal level, you should demonstrate courage to express your ideas and concerns when they may not be popular; be able to manage the opinions of others with diplomacy and openness; possess enthusiasm for Human Factors and serve as an effective champion for the discipline; present a professional demeanor with external customers; convey ideas
and concepts clearly and articulately in speech and writing; and demonstrate a propensity for artistic endeavors. In addition, you should be able to successfully perform Human Factors activities within the constraints of a regulated environment and in partnership with several organizational disciplines like marketing, product planning, development, clinical, regulatory, technical communications and customer education.
Successful candidates for this position must have an M.A./M.S. Degree in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, or Industrial Design (with Human Factors coursework), plus 5-10 years of related experience. Additional preferred qualities include:
*PhD in one of the above disciplines
*Medical device experience or working knowledge of neurological functions
*Experience designing for populations with special needs
*Industrial design or graphic design expertise
To route your resume directly to the hiring department, visit www.medtronic.com/employment, select Job Opportunities - US and Puerto Rico, search for Requisition# 53065 and apply online using "Apply to this Job" or "Add to Cart" buttons near the top of the page. No agencies, phone calls, or emails please. Medtronic is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultural diversity in the workforce.
Job Title: Usability Experience Professionals
Company Name: UserEdge Technical Personnel, Inc. (Search Firm)
Job Location: NYC METRO AREA
Exploring new growth opportunities in Usability? UserEdge Technical Personnel represents several clients in Philadelphia, New York City and New Jersey who are seeking Information Architects, Interaction Designers and User Experience Professionals for both contract andfull-time positions. We can help you make a career move thatis in alignment with your long-term goals and strategies. Call us for a free consultation.
Current Open Positions:
For more information about these positions or to tell us more about the kind of position you are seeking, please give us a call. The market is excellent and it’s a great time to evaluate your career path. Speak with a professional at UserEdge where we have been providing User Experience/Technical Communications Consulting and staffing services since 1990.
Please call: Arleen Buchanan at 908.287.1096 email@example.com
Donna Timpone at 908.730.9164 firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: USABILITY ANALYST
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Jerry Goodman Regional Recruiting Manager
(608) 226-8102 (800) 280-2782 x.8102
Be part of a large and diverse usability group, in an evolving standards-based corporate culture. Work on projects at all stages of development: interview or observe users, create or adjust personas, design, test, perform UI reviews and heuristic evaluations, provide comparisons of vendor products, work with vendor products, work with vendors and clients to customize products.
Projects range from small, internal content sites to public-facing sites and applications, as well as, enterprise-wide integrated applications. Use a wide range of testing techniques, from informal paper testing to formal, in-person or remote lab testing with HTML prototypes. Experience with Visio is preferred. Experience with Ovologger & Morae products would be a plus but is not required.
About the Institute
The Parsons Institute for Information Mapping - part of The New School University - is an innovative research and development institute focusing on information design and technology. PIIM develops web- and software-based applications for a variety of corporate and government agencies. These applications utilize established and cutting-edge technology and design principles within a unique, research- and deliverables-based environment.
About the Position
The Usability Specialist will be responsible for providing user centered design activities related to an enterprise-level, rich Internet application. He or she will work with team members to understand the user centered design needs of the project and then develop creative solutions for meeting these needs.
The Usability Specialist will work with design and development teams to balance good design with real-world time constraints, using a collaborative, flexible approach. The specialist will make recommendations to team members about what usability methods to use to answer their questions regarding users and design directions for their projects. He or she will work closely with the team members to help them develop user profiles, develop requirements, and conduct heuristic reviews of existing prototypes.
The specialist will run usability tests, conduct interviews, develop surveys, and write comprehensive reports on the process and findings. He or she will help the team interpret the results, decide what to do about feedback, and will provide input for design decisions based on that feedback. The specialist will also be instrumental in design reviews and the design documentation process.
This is a part-time (average 25-30 hrs/wk) onsite position with hourly compensation paid on a W-2.
Please include a current resume, a cover letter and desired hourly rate.
Interested applicants should email resume and cover letter to: NSUjobs@newschool.edu. Please make sure to write: Search #22984 in the subject line to ensure proper distribution of resume.
Please go also to the attached link and complete the Application for Employment 2006. http://www.newschool.edu/admin/hr/forms/index.aspx
Once completed mail to: The New School, Human Resources Department. Search # 22984. 80 Fifth Avenue, 4th floor New York, NY 10011
The New School, as well as its individual academic divisions is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
KOHL Group Job Description KR103106_HFE
Arrangement: contract openings 3 to 12 months estimated initial terms depending on assignment.
Titles: Human Factors Engineers; User-Centered Designers
Locations: Telecommuting with some travel to Kansas City, MO and/or Reston, VA (Estimate 25% travel). Candidates available to work full-time in Kansas City or Reston will be given priority.
The KOHL Group’s User Centered Design Consulting Practice has project openings in various cities in the US. Projects range from pure web applications to converged/integrated products across several UI domains with initial terms of several weeks to 12 months, or more. If you are interested, please send your resume in complete confidence to Ann Boschetti at ABOSCHETTI@KOHLGROUP.COM.
Human Factors Engineering job description:
We have openings for experienced HFEs with advanced degrees (or equivalent experience). Projects in the locations indicated above include a variety of focuses, including:
(1) Specific product domain with multiple user-interfaces (converged cable-wireless applications) requiring expertise in J2ME UI for handsets, multi-media, set top boxes and web applications;
(2) Design and test of IVR systems (DTMF and Natural Language applications);
(3) Create visual designs, interaction designs and functional prototypes by engaging in a design process that moves through several levels of media including: sketches, diagrams, digital comps, high and low fidelity prototypes, detailed UI design blueprints. Focus of this process is on requirements for wired web, wireless web, and software (desktop and mobile). Provide visual communication of implied information structures, the design and definition of navigation paradigms, prototypes of user interfaces for product research and usability studies, translation of usability research findings into design improvements;
(4) Participate in all stages of product development for voice, data, web, print, software, and hardware. Conduct user-centered research to guide, challenge, and verify decisions in support of product development initiatives for both consumer and business related products. Coordination of the Usability Lab, create recruiting screeners and testing protocols, test product designs against design criteria and identify points of departure, conduct and oversee usability tests, qualitative interviews, and behavioral observations and quantitative data analyses and create and deliver usability lab test reports and scorecards;
(5) UI One, BREW, J2ME and Wireless Web Design - mobile applications Wired Web Design and Prototyping - Portal Design and control of services and integration with device and services;
(6) VoIP (voice over IP) and Product Service Design - Telecommunications service design expertise;
(7) Set top Box/Streaming Media designer - Specialty designer that understands set top box systems and cable systems.
If you are interested, please email your resume is MSWord for Windows format to Ann Boschetti at ABOSCHETTI@KOHLGROUP.COM with a brief note mapping your skills and experience to the specifics outlined in one or more of the project focuses described above. Also, please specify your availability to work in Kansas City and/or Reston.
The KOHL Group has been providing User Centered Design and Testing Consulting services to global companies and government organizations since 1984.
text starts here