Do you enjoy learning about global cultural differences? Have you worked with translations of material for the Web? Join the accomplished and always interesting volunteer group that produce the UXPA’s UX Magazine. See your name in lights (or at least on the printed and online masthead), and earn the gratitude and friendship of a world of UX practitioners. Interested? Please contact Alice Preston – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Has worked on translation projects for paper, online, or Website distribution
- Has some understanding of double-byte character sets on the Web
- Has worked with professional colleagues from different parts of the world, with an understanding of the cultural and communication issues
- Language proficiency in another language a plus
- Strong interest in furthering the aims of UX research and design across the globe
- Interest in being involved with a lively and accomplished group of UX Magazine colleagues.
- Interact with UX Magazine editors, including monitoring and receipt of source copy (titles and abstracts for upcoming issue)Â
- Assist UX Magazine editors and the Translation Manager with maintenance of and adherence to the schedule
- Interact with UX Magazine Staff posting to the online magazine; as appropriate, provide both assistance with HTML posting and first-line check of results
- Over time, assume some of the interaction with the international volunteer reviewers
- Assist with development of the translation process to additional languages and parts of the world
- Assist Translation Manager as negotiated, depending on workload
Estimated time requirement: 10-12 hours 4x year