Toward usable usability research: Building bridges between research and practice
Practitioners want to keep up with current research, but for a variety of reasons they simply cant. Researchers want to influence practice, but often dont know how to reach practitioners.
In this workshop we
· explore the barriers that keep practitioners from being active and effective consumers of basic research
· Identify actions that both researchers and practitioners can take to make research more accessible, relevant and actionable in practice.
The goal of this workshop is to define What practitioners need.
For practitioners: Join the focus group! What keeps you out of the literature? What needs to change to make reading research possible and worth it?
For researchers: Listen to your audience! What do practitioners need to know? How do they need to hear it? How can you frame, present or disseminate your (current!) work to engage and influence practitioners?
- Advanced Practitioners (AP)
- 2:40pm to 6:00pm on Wednesday, June 22, 2011
- Position Paper:
download position paper template (RTF)
- download presenter's position paper ( PDF)
Note: You may wish to right-click (or control+click on Mac) the download link and choose "Save File As..." to save the file to disk.