Half Day Tutorial Details
Using Google Analytics for User Experience
This tutorial for experienced UX professionals introduces web analytics and covers basic and moderately advanced techniques for analyzing user behavior using Google Analytics. You will learn how to analyze user demographics and technological profile, how they got to your website, and how they navigate your website through practical examples and exercises.
- Usability Fundamentals (UF)
- 9:00am to 12:30pm on Friday, June 08, 2012
About the Half Day Tutorial
Participants in this tutorial will learn:
- The basics of how web analytics works
- How to navigate Google Analytics
- How to gather and analyze data about:
- Users' demographic and technological profiles
- How they got to a website
- How they navigated from page to page on a website
- Techniques for analyzing the effectiveness of specific website features from a UX perspective
- How to measure the effects of making changes to a website
This tutorial is geared toward user experience practitioners and students. It is appropriate for people that have not used any web analytics tools, and best for people that have played around with web analytics, gotten frustrated, and want to know how to go to the next level. I will provide access to a Google Analytics account, but a laptop or reasonable substitute will be necessary. This tutorial will not cover technical details of setting up web analytics, how to analyze highly interact web applications, or analyzing site search data.