Half Day Tutorial Details
Usability Testing Fundamentals
Whether you're brand new to testing, or are looking for a quick refresher, this tutorial will teach you the basics of planning, designing and conducting an effective diagnostic usability test. Focused on a practical approach to diagnostic testing, you'll learn how to get the information you need to make products easier to use.
- Usability Fundamentals (UF)
- 6:00pm to 9:30pm on Monday, June 04, 2012
About the Half Day Tutorial
Using a blend of discussion and exercises, you'll learn:
- How to plan and design a diagnostic usability test
- How to prepare for the test
- Deciding which user(s) to recruit
- Creating effective tasks and scenarios
- Preparing your prototype
- Test moderation techniques
- Interacting with participants
- Leveraging the think aloud method
- A low-cost, low-effort approach for capturing important observations and processing results.